Mint chocolate chip ice cream has been one of my favorite treats for as long as I can remember however it never even crossed my mind to create it myself. Yet when I picked up this adorable ice cream container (shop via links below) I knew I had to try something in it. While you can always use a machine (also linked below) to create ice cream, this recipe allows you to do just so without anything other than a large bowl & a whisk. Perfect for upcoming St. Patrick’s Day (hellooo it’s green!) or for a cozy night in, this ice cream won’t disappoint!
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chocolate chunks, chopped
- 3 drops pure peppermint extract
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1.5 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup coconut milk, unsweetened
- In large mixing bowl combine extracts, salt, milks, & cream. Stir to combine.
- On cutting board, finely chop the chocolate. Stir into ice cream mixture.
- Pour mixture into sealable container & place in freezer for 14 hours. Serve & enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
About the Contributor
Caitlin is the founder of Chicago based lifestyle web publication Public Lives, Secret Recipes which specializes in recipe development, DIY tutorials, fashion posts, & much more. Aside from the blog, Caitlin is the founder of Krispops, a crisped rice cake pop company, that you can order online! Be sure to shop Krispops here & follow PLSR on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, & Pinterest!